Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Crafty!

Hello, Hello!

I've been crafty lately. You see, I have this black, zip up hoodie that got left outside for a while. Well, it WAS black. Now, it's faded and it looks really cool. When I re-found it, I brought it inside, washed it three or four times, and decided I'd do it up a little. I bought sponge brushes and gold fabric paint, scrounged for some neato fabric and Irish translations, and after about a month of losing the paint AND procrastinating, here is what I came up with:




This dove outline is on the back of the hoodie. I just used regular gold fabric paint applied with a sponge brush in outward motions, following a simple outline stencil that I sketched and cut out of computer paper. The text below it is Irish:



"ach na torgdh dar dara na an Spiorad Naomh: gra, athas, faoi shiochain, foighne, caoin, maitheas, dilis, ceansa, feinsmacht-- in aghaidh mar giuir leidi ansin aon riail dli."



Translated:



"and now, the fruit of the Spirit holy: to love, to have joy, to be at peace, to have patience, to perform kindness, to have goodness of person, to be faithful, to be gentle, and to have self control-- against such things (belongings), there is no rule of law."



I appologize for the lumpiness of the hoodie. I tried to use the couch as a background, but there was sort of something in the way.....



We love her anyway...


This red, black and white handkerchief patterned fabric is what I decided to patch the hoodie up with. I look thrilled, don't I?

In other news, I've been sort of brainstorming about decorations for a Christmas dinner that some friends and I will be preparing for the guys in our church. Tonight, whilst looking at random blogs, I found an online site that allows you to make photo cubes and print them out on your home printer, all the while providing you with step-by-step instructions on how to cut it out and assemble it. So, I got on a free stock photo site, found some cute Christmas themed photos, and matched them up for photo cubes. I'll probably stack them on the table as a center piece (a safe distance away from the candles, of course.)


And here are a few of the photos I chose:

No comments: