Thursday, June 16, 2011

Backpost Crochet Washcloth


Last night, I finished crocheting this washcloth. Uninteresting, I know, but let me tell ya-- these things are my favorite cleaning supply. They are washable, durable, good for scrubbing, and great for dusting. I managed to snag a skein of Sugar n' Cream cotton yarn from a locan thrift store last week for 50 cents, so I decided I'd make up a pattern for a washcloth with a backpost single crochet. Sorry for the blurry images-- used my phone camera, but you can still see the texture pretty well. So, here's how you do it:


What you'll need:
A little less than 1/2 of a ball of cotton yarn (like Sugar n' Cream, but it doesn't have to be that brand)
A crochet hook size E.

To begin:
Row 1: Chain 30
Row 2: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Continue to end of row (29 st) ch 1, turn
Rows 3-31: sc in BACK LOOP OF EACH STITCH across 29 st. ch1, turn
Row 32: sc in back loop of each st across 29 st. Ch 20. sl into last sc of row 32 (To form loop) Ch 1, turn
Loop: Working around the loop, sc in each st. (not into the loop, but into the stitches) (20 st). sl into last sc of row 32.

Fasten off, sew in tails.

And viola! You're finished!





No comments: