Saturday, October 27, 2007

Vintage :: Modern

I've been writing articles about decorating, cooking, and home organization for a while now. I suppose I can turn a hobby into a passion, can't I? So, here it is-- Vintage :: Modern, where I hope to preserve the beauty of mid-century housekeeping and values, all the while infusing its style with modern beauty and contrast. Wish Me Luck!

As a kick off, I just found some photos of a great apartment. I love the idea of neutral and versatile furniture, especially when the things you use and live with everyday are what give your home life and color. This is great inspiration for my future apartment. Books are the best way to decorate.
I also found a couple of other things. One item that is really popular in vintage modern design is dVider's new wall decal line.




Also,I found a great 1936 Hoosier table with its original set of chairs on St. Louis craigslist for $225. Even though I can't afford it and have no where to store it until I move out, I might be able to prematurely inheirit my mother's Hoosier desk when I get out on my own!
Just imagine this as a dining table... black and white Ansel Adams print up on the wall above it, and a bouquet of bright purple flowers in a white milk glass vase in the middle of it.
Ahh... my dream dining room!

1 comment:

Dr. Terry M. Goodwin said...

Your Mother's Hoosier table!!!!

You are aking the wrong person.